Bedeviled by the Demon
April 6, 2017
For the muscle car faithful looking for a sign, the devil is in the details when it comes to the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
Dodge has taken the video teaser to extremes by creating it’s first-ever “pre-debut campaign” to provide viewers a detailed look at the Demon before its public showing at the New York International Auto Show next week.
Thirteen clips, branded with such names as “Cage” and “Reduction,” provide intense clues in a visual series about the Demon’s appearance and sound. The teasers began appearing in January and can all be found on the website www.ifyouknowyouknow.com. The final video, “Judgement Day,” debuts Friday.
The devilish idea underscores the work FCA US is doing to reach a larger and changing customer base that wants to tap into the video world to learn about the company’s latest vehicle offerings. More than 7.6 million hits have been recorded at the site since the launch. The Demon was first introduced to the Dodge lineup in 1971.
As the Dodge Research Lab gets ready to unleash the Hellcat through the streets, a little fuel kicks the intensity up a notch.
First things first, let’s lighten the load.
The demon within. Head to http://www.ifyouknowyouknow.com to download the official Challenger SRT® Demon ringtone.
The 26-second “Reduction” video, with its Frankenstein-like overtures, gives viewers a sense of the weight the Demon has shed compared with its Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat brother. The Demon is 200 pounds lighter than the Hellcat. “No Pills” shows the backed end of the Demon as it prepares to speed down a track.
Orange and yellow flames and the Demon’s throaty exhaust sound can be found in great quantities on almost every video. Dodge went a step further offering viewers the ability to download the exhaust sound and use it as a ringtone for their smart phone.
Dodge officially unveils the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon in New York City on April 11 at 7:30 p.m. (EDT) at the New York auto show. To watch it live, check out the countdown clock at www.ifyouknowyouknow.com.
The videos are:
- “Cage” debuted January 12
- “Reduction” debuted January 19
- “Body” debuted January 26
- “Crate” debuted on February 2
- “Forced Induction” debuted on February 9
- “Multiplication” debuted on February 16
- “Third Law” debuted on February 23
- “Race-hardened Parts” debuted on March 2
- “Performance Pages” debuted on March 9
- “No Pills” debuted on March 16
- “Lock and Load” debuted on March 23
- “No Ice” debuted on March 30
- “Fuel” debuted on April 6
- “Judgment Day” video debuted on April 7
- Live stream of SRT Demon reveal on April 11 at 7:30 p.m. EDT